Sample Job Titles
Accredited Pharmacy Technician, Billing and Quality Technician, Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT), Compounding Technician, Lead Pharmacy Tech, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech, CPhT), Lead Pharmacy Technician (Lead Pharmacy Tech), Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Tech), Senior Pharmacy Technician, Technician, Technician, Inventory Specialist
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Establish or maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Conventional occupations frequently involve following set procedures and routines. These occupations can include working with data and details more than with ideas. Usually there is a clear line of authority to follow.
- Realistic occupations frequently involve work activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions. They often deal with plants, animals, and real-world materials like wood, tools, and machinery. Many of the occupations require working outside, and do not involve a lot of paperwork or working closely with others.
- Social occupations frequently involve working with, communicating with, and teaching people. These occupations often involve helping or providing service to others.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Electronic signature capture equipment; Microsoft PowerPoint
- Automatic unit dose strip packaging machines; Tube filling and crimping machines
- Double-beam balances; Equal-arm balances; Single-beam balances; Torsion balances; Unequal-arm balances
- Benchtop colloid mills; Colloid mills; Grinding and shearing colloid mills
- Automatic bottle filling machines; Computer-based dispensing equipment; Semiautomatic sterile solution transferring devices
Database software; Drug compatibility software
Inventory management software; Pyxis MedStation software
Compounder software; MEDITECH software; Medical condition coding software; Patient record maintenance software; Pharmaceutical software
Point of sale POS software