Notice and Consent Statement
You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
- The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG authorized purpose.
- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.
OMB EXPIRATION DATE: 08/31/2019
Privacy Act Statement
Authority: 10 U.S.C. §1144, “Employment Assistance, Job Training Assistance, and Other Transitional Services”, 10 U.S.C. §1784a, “Education and Training Opportunities for Military Spouses to Expand Employment and Portable Career Opportunities”, and DoDI 1342.22 “Military Family Readiness”.
Principal Purpose(s): The DoD Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Program is the primary source of education, career and employment counseling for all military spouses. The SECO system delivers the resources and tools necessary to assist military spouses with career exploration/discovery, career education and training, employment readiness, and career connections at any point within the military spouse’s career lifecycle.
Routine Use(s): In addition to those disclosures generally permitted under 5 U.S.C. 552a(b) of the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, the records contained herein may specifically be disclosed outside the DoD as a routine use pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552a(b)(3) as follows: To authorized DoD SECO contractors and grantees for the purpose of responding to military spouse need. To authorized DoD contractors and grantees for the purpose of supporting research studies concerned with the education, career and employment counseling of military spouses participating in DoD funded spousal education, career and employment programs. To civilian educational institutions where the participant is enrolled, for the purposes of ensuring correct enrollment and billing information. To the Department of Education, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Department of Justice for the purpose of complying with E.O. 13607, Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members. To local law enforcement entities for the purpose of intervention to prevent harm to the individual (self) in accordance with DoD/military branch of service and component regulations and established protocols. Any release of information contained in this system of records outside the DoD under a routine use will be compatible with the purpose(s) for which the information is collected and maintained. The DoD Blanket Routine Uses set forth at the beginning of the Office of the Secretary of Defense compilation of systems or records notices may apply to this system.
Disclosure: Voluntary; however, failure to provide some information may impact your ability to utilize certain program opportunities.
AGENCY DISCLOSURE NOTICE
The public reporting burden for this collection of information is estimated to average 45 minutes per response, including the time for reviewing instructions, searching existing data sources, gathering and maintaining the data needed, and completing and reviewing the collection of information. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including suggestions for reducing the burden, to the Department of Defense, Washington Headquarters Services, Executive Services Directorate, Directives Division, 4800 Mark Center Drive, East Tower, Suite 03F09, Alexandria, VA 22350-3100 OMB CONTROL NUMBER: 0704-0556. Respondents should be aware that notwithstanding any other provision of law, no person shall be subject to any penalty for failing to comply with a collection of information if it does not display a currently valid OMB control number.
PLEASE DO NOT RETURN YOUR RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS.
Responses should be sent to:
Military Community Support Programs
ATTN: Program Manager, Spouse Education & Career Opportunities Program
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22350-2300
By clicking Ok you agree to the terms of the User Agreement , and confirm that you have read the Privacy Act Statement and Agency Disclosure Notice.