Military spouses are talented, high-performing and motivated individuals, many of whom have an entrepreneurial dream to turn their countless volunteer hours, hobbies or work experience into a business of their own. If you are thinking about starting a business to fulfill your entrepreneurial dream, you’ll need a starting point. Or, perhaps you already own a business and are interested in learning more about the laws that regulate small business.
The Small Business Administration’s “Learn about Business Law & Regulations” introduces the legal and regulatory considerations of owning your own business:
- Advertising and marketing law
- Employment and labor law
- Finance law
- Intellectual property law
- Online business law
- Privacy law
- Environmental regulations
- Regulation of financial contracts
- Workplace safety and health law
- Foreign workers and employee eligibility
- Contacting a government agency
Arm yourself with as much information as possible when starting out on your own.