One of the biggest challenges for achieving your education goals is finances. Evaluate your income and expenses by asking questions like those listed below:
- Am I eligible for the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship program?
- Am I eligible for transferability of GI Bill® benefits?
- What other scholarships are available to me? Are there military spouse-specific scholarships?
- Can I pay for school without financial assistance?
- If not, how much financial assistance will I need?
- Do I need to work in addition to going to school to offset the costs of achieving my education goals?
Evaluating your budget before choosing your education path and making an informed decision about how education expenses will affect your current budget can help you avoid financial hardships later. For additional guidance, visit the Education Planning and Budgeting section of the Education, Training and Licensing lifecycle stage of MySECO. You can also call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to speak to a SECO career coach or use the Live Chat feature on MySECO.