grayscale seco swirl

Post-9/11 GI Bill®

The Post-9/11 GI Bill® allows service members to transfer this education benefit to a qualifying family member. The GI Bill® website details the eligibility requirements and the process for this exchange.

If you are considering furthering your education but are concerned about financing, you may be able to use your service member's Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits. On the GI Bill® website, you can learn about the eligibility requirements for transferability of Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits from a service member to a family member and understand the specific requirements necessary for your service member to transfer their Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to you. You can also submit a Transfer Education Benefit request to a specific service component to start the process of transferring benefits.

For more information about funding for higher education, explore the Education, Training and Licensing lifecycle stage of MySECO. For other ideas and suggestions, call 800-342-9647 to speak with a career coach.

Like this article? Share it!
User Ratings
Log in to rate.