Here are some tips to help you create a resume using the MySECO Resume Builder. To begin the process, select ‘Resume Builder’ on the homepage or in the Quicklinks section on the right side of the site and log in to your MySECO account.
To Create a New Resume
- Click ‘New Resume.’
- Enter a title for your resume and your full name (required).
- Add additional information you would like to include, such as contact information, summary, skills and more.
- Click ‘Save.'
To Delete a Resume
- Locate the resume that you want to delete.
- Select the trash can icon to the right of the resume.
- Click ‘Ok.’
To View an Existing Resume
- Locate the resume that you want to view.
- Select the pencil icon to the right of the resume, which will give you the option to edit and update your resume.
To Edit a Resume
Once you select the pencil icon to the right of your resume, you can edit the following information:
- Full name
- Contact phone
Be sure to select whether you would like to include or exclude certain information. Select ‘include’ or ‘exclude’ to the right of the text box to make sure your resume will highlight features that you think are important for the job you are seeking.
It's important to note that you cannot edit 'Education and Training,' 'Experience,' and 'Certifications and Licenses' in the MySECO Resume Builder. You must edit your MySECO profile to make changes in these areas.
To Print a Resume
- Locate the resume that you want to print.
- Select the download icon to the right of your selected resume.
- Select the resume template you would like to use and download the file.
- Once downloaded, you can print directly from the file.
Once your resume is ready to go, you can find tools and resources on MySECO to help you in your job search by visiting these sections:
Be sure to also visit the Military Spouse Employment Partnership Job Search to view job opportunities with employers that have committed to recruit, hire, promote and retain military spouses. You can search by job title or keyword as well as industry, company name, or job type. You can also contact a career coach to assist you at any time by calling 800-342-9647 or using the Live Chat feature on MySECO.