Get the support you need from the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program for 365 days post-transition. You and your service member can receive career assistance services from many organizations.
Your service member’s transition out of the military is a transition for you too. Relocations and deployments will no longer influence your employment opportunities and goals. Wherever you decide to reside, you’re eligible to receive employment services including services from the following resources.
- The Military Spouse Transition Program, or MySTeP, is designed by military spouses for military spouses and is available 24/7 online. MySTeP is supported with personalized guidance from Military OneSource.
- Local assistance – Find assistance at more than 2,500 nationwide American Job Centers. These centers provide a variety of services including unemployment benefits, employment training, additional government and state services and more.
- Job search resources
- Explore Careers
- Plan Your Job Search
- Resumes and Applications
- Interview and Negotiate
- Job Finder
- Job Fairs
- Veterans’ Employment and Training Services Regional and State Offices Directory – Find contact information and locations for the VETS office closest to your location.
- Vets.gov - Get one-on-one assistance, search for jobs, explore careers and find training as your service member transitions from the military.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Boots to Business – Investigate the entrepreneurial training program for veterans and military spouses interested in starting a business.
- Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program, or TAP – Access the Department of Defense TAP virtual curriculum, participant guide and service-specific transition websites.
Your service member can use these resources to help find employment post-transition.
- Military Skills Translator – Convert your military skills into civilian language that hiring managers can easily understand.
- Veterans Job Bank – Search for positions with employers committed to hiring veterans.
- DoD SkillBridge – Find civilian job training opportunities for transitioning service members.
Find more resources to strengthen your military spouse experience through the Military Spouse Transition Program, or MySTeP. This program is designed by military spouses for military spouses and is available 24/7 online. MySTeP is supported with personalized guidance from Military OneSource.
Call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to speak with a SECO career coach or start a Live Chat on MySECO for additional guidance.