The program, operated by the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University, is for spouses of all active-duty service members and eligible veterans. Once approved for the program, your coursework is accessible at any time and from any location.
These training courses and certifications will prepare you for fast-growing, industry-leading, high-paying positions that should allow you to build a career path that is portable and profitable. Examples of possible career paths you might pursue include the following:
- Executive secretaries and executive administrative assistants with median salary of $55,860
- Human resources professionals and managers with median salaries ranging from $59,180 to upwards of $106,910
- Information security analysts with a median salary of $92,600 and a job outlook of 18 percent growth
- Computer and information systems managers with a median salary of $135,800 with five years of work experience
As an official Syracuse University student, you’ll receive noncredit certificates upon completion of the program. You’ll have an academic advisor and can access courses for up to one year. You’ll also learn job search skills including company research, as well as resume and cover letter writing.
Gain the necessary skills and certifications by pursuing the following tracks.
Customer Service Excellence
Become a master of customer service with this track, which will prepare you for all facets of front-facing service and management. You’ll learn important leadership skills and strategies for ensuring satisfaction in your business. The Customer Service Excellence track offers courses such as the following:
- Call Center Fundamentals
- Hotel Management
- Foundations of Management
- Customer Service Excellence
If you are interested in information technology as a possible career, this is the career track for you. Work with your advisor and have access to courses for up to one year, and if applicable, your exam fees for industry certifications are paid. Some of the available technology courses and certifications include the following:
- COMPTIA certifications including Server+, Network+, A+, Security+
- Oracle Database 11g and 12c
- Information Technology Library Structure
- Cisco certifications including Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician, or CCENT, and Cisco Certified Network Associate, or CCNA
- Microsoft certifications including Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, or MCTS, and Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional, or MCITP
The Business Management track will teach you the necessary skills to assume corporate leadership roles in project management, human resources and Six Sigma Green Belt management. This track will help you build your professional skills and prepare for industry certifications such as the following:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Human resources certifications: Professional in Human Resources, or PHR, and Senior Professional in Human Resources, SPHR
- Project management certifications: Certified Association in Project Management, or CAPM, and Project Management Professional, or PMP
Check out the full list of course offerings to find the ones that are relevant to your professional goals and start building a plan today.
Apply online to get started in any of the programs listed above. Your application reviews your preparedness and likelihood of success in the program, as well as your career goals and your fit with the program’s offerings. If you have questions about the program or your eligibility, call 315-443-0141 or email using the contact form located on the VCTP website.
Call 800-342-9647 to speak with a career coach to discuss career or education choices, searching for a job or overcoming challenges. Coaches are available to discuss options, suggest recommendations and assist you with all aspects of your career or education.