The MSCCN is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization focusing on employment readiness training and job placement, and provides no-cost services to military spouses, retired spouses and caregivers. The MSCCN team members are military-affiliated, so they understand the challenges of military life. They are experienced in corporate human resources and use top-of-the-line applicant tracking technology to capture, search and match applicants to positions. They welcome military spouses around the world to take advantage of the training and employment services they offer.
Take the following steps to get started working with MSCCN.
- Upload your well-written resume or work history to the MSCCN website. Your information is shared with corporate recruiters, so your resume should be accurate, up-to-date and error-free. Use the MySECO Resume Builder and read articles including Making the Most of Your Resume, Tailoring Your Resume to a Specific Job and Closing the Gaps on Your Resume. Make sure to have a career coach review your resume before you upload it.
- A MSCCN applicant specialist will contact you to discuss your job search needs and goals.
- The MSCCN staff will assess your job search plan and make recommendations to increase your success.
- You will receive five one-hour, one-on-one training sessions that will provide targeted support during your search.
Take advantage of online training to brush up on your job search skills. The MSCCN offers weekly no-cost virtual training sessions on topics including the following:
- Skill Training: Want to Work from Home?
- How to Lock that Job — Interview Techniques that Work for You
- Targeting Your Resume for Maximum Impact
- Live Resume Assessment
- Social Media: How to Get the Job
Consider volunteering with MSCCN’s Career Corps Volunteer Program to build current work experience, brush up on skills and grow personally and professionally. Volunteering is a great way to help others while you expand your network. You can also find mentors in your chosen industry to help you network, stay connected and keep learning.
The Military Spouse Corporate Career Network is a member of the Spouse Ambassador Network, a group of organizations united to help military spouses achieve their education and career goals. Click here for a full list of Spouse Ambassador Network participating organizations.