Blue Star Families, through its Blue Star Careers initiative, offers the Blue Star Families Spouseforce, designed to support military spouses throughout their entire career path. Blue Star Careers employment initiatives include the following:
- Blue Star Spouse Employment Toolkit is a comprehensive career guide, developed exclusively for military spouses, which targets and addresses the unique employment challenges military spouses face. The toolkit shows spouses how to leverage their existing volunteer and military life experiences into successfully locating a desired position and includes guidelines for writing a winning resume and nailing an employment interview.
- Blue Star Networks are groups where military spouse professionals can share information, network and get the scoop on state licensing requirements across the country. Current professional group networking programs include the following:
- Blue Star Educators — open to teachers, counselors, social workers and all education professionals and academics
- Blue Star Health Care Professionals — open to all military spouse health care and mental health care professionals
- Blue Star Entrepreneurs — for spouses who own their own businesses or work as independent contractors
- Blue Star Tech — open to spouses working in the technology industry or looking for ways to grow their technology skill sets
Other Blue Star Families programs include the following:
Blue Star Families is a member of the Spouse Ambassador Network, a group of organizations united to help military spouses achieve their education and career goals. Click here for a full list of Spouse Ambassador Network participating organizations.