If you need a refresher on your mathematic skills, the Goodwill Community Foundation provides an interactive series of lessons to assist you in finding math solutions to real world problems, such as the following:
- Figure out how much you will pay if you get 30 percent off a new outfit
- Determine the appropriate amount to tip your server
- Cut a recipe in half or double the recipe to take to a social event
- Assist your child with multiplication or division homework
- Provide change to a customer
- Estimate the cost of your groceries
You may have struggled with math in high school and want to brush up on your skills before entering college or the workforce. You must master math basics before you learn algebra, geometry or calculus. Calculators are great, but it is important to understand the “whys” of your calculations. You can build your confidence and proficiency by completing these online mathematics tutorials from the GCF LearnFree Program.
You may also want to review the following GCF tutorials:
- Money Basics for information on money management, banking and retirement, and money in the marketplace
- Computer Basics for information on types of computers, using a computer, operating systems and applications, and much more
Increasing your knowledge and building new skills will make navigating the changes, choices and challenges of your mobile military life easier. Whether you are continuing your education, furthering your career or raising your family, SECO tools and resources can provide assistance on your journey.
Call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 and speak with a SECO career coach to discuss career or education choices, searching for a job or overcoming challenges. Coaches are available to discuss options, suggest recommendations and assist you with all aspects of your career or education. You can also use the Live Chat feature on MySECO for additional guidance.