Offering a global platform for professional military spouses, The Other Side of Service captures individual professional experiences, and these stories inspire, motivate, and empower others. At a broader level, The Other Side of Service provides expert voice on behalf of this growing and dynamic demographic.
The organization provides the following services:
- Video interviews with military spouses of diverse occupations, areas of expertise, branches of service, geographic locations, ethnicities, and gender
- A blog written by military spouses about topics of interest for professional military spouses, including home-based employment, changing careers, balancing work and home, transitioning into the workforce, and much more
- Innovative and successful career ideas tailored to professional military spouses
- Information about resources offered by partner military spouse support organizations
- Wisdom and advice about overcoming professional challenges of military life shared through spouse stories
- Connections with other spouses and updates on what’s new are available through Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Other Side of Service is a member of the Spouse Ambassador Network, a group of organizations united to help military spouses achieve their education and career goals. Spouse Ambassador Network organizations may also provide opportunities for military spouses to expand their personal and professional network. Click here for a full list of Spouse Ambassador Network participating organizations.