Juggling work and family can be difficult to master, and it’s important that you don’t feel guilty when you head off to work. You can alleviate this feeling of guilt by making the time you spend with your children special. Follow the below steps to learn how to balance your home and work life.
- Build a support network -- other spouses, other parents, family (if available), child care providers and friends.
- Keep things simple and plan ahead.
- Ask for advice, assistance and encouragement when times get difficult.
- End your day on a positive note by avoiding criticism and lecturing.
- Unwind together by reading a book, building a puzzle or just talking.
- Learn to prepare for the morning rush after the children are in bed, so it will be easier to get everyone out the door on time.
For additional assistance, be sure to call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to speak with a SECO career coach or use the Live Chat feature on MySECO.