grayscale seco swirl

USA4 Military Families

Find information on spouse licensure portability and unemployment insurance by state.

Military spouses who require licensure to work in their field must often obtain a license in their new state when their military service member transfers. Because of the delays and expense involved in re-licensure, many states have implemented or are in the process of implementing license portability measures for military spouses that may include temporary licenses, expedited licenses or obtainable endorsement. If you have questions about your state’s position on licensure portability, click on the state and find the information you need.

For more information on licensures, visit the Professional Development section of the Education, Training and Licensing lifecycle stage of MySECO. For local assistance, visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS to search for spouse education, training and career services at your installation. Under 'Select a program or service', select ‘Spouse Education, Training and Careers.’ Then enter your installation or ZIP code. Choose the radius you would like to search within and click ‘Go.’ You can also speak with a career coach at 800-342-9647.

Like this article? Share it!
User Ratings
Log in to rate.